PhD student position
Mammal Research Institute is looking for a PhD student who will be involved in the project: „Phylogeography, genetic diversity and habitats of moose (Alces alces) in Eurasia in Late Pleistocene and Holocene”
- MSc in Biology or related subjects
- PhD student position
- Interest in scientific work, ability to learn new scientific issues and methods
- Ability to work in a team
- Good organization and efficiency in work
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Experience in statistical analyses in R software
- Some experience in spatial analyses (GIS)
Project Description: The project will investigate the genetic diversity, habitats associated with occurrence and changes in the range of moose (Alces alces) in Eurasia over the last 50 000 years using various interdisciplinary methods.
Key responsibilities include:
- collection of the materials for the analyses from the zoological collections
- update of the data base concerning the collected materials for the study
- GIS analyses
- statistical analyses of the obtained data e.g. from the stable isotopic analyses in relation to available paleoenvironmental and paleoclimatic data
- writing of scientific papers and publishing in international peer-reviewed journals
- friendly atmosphere in a young, interdisciplinary team in one of the most beautiful regions in Poland
– the opportunity to develop a scientific career, co-authorship in scientific papers- possibility of partial remote work
- participation in scientific trainings and expeditions
- possibility to prepare a PhD dissertation in the frame of the project
Type of job: scholarship
Maximum period of stipend agreement: 18 months
Stipend amount/month: 2600 PLN
How to apply
Complete application should include the following items:
- scientific curriculum vitae, including a list of scientific achievements (scholarships, publications, conference presentations, etc.).
- motivation letter
The application should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org until
15th March 2021.
The results of the competition will be announced until 15th April 2021.
The scholarship will be awarded in accordance with the NSC regulations: „Regulamin przyznawania stypendiów naukowych w projektach badawczych finansowanych ze środków Narodowego Centrum Nauki, określonym przez Radę NCN uchwałą nr 25/2019 z dnia 14 marca 2019 r.”
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by Mammal Research Institute Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office at Stoczek 1, 17-230 Białowieża for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the Mammal Research Institute PAS. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
This statement is in accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016)”.
For more details concerning the position please contact dr habil. Magdalena Niedziałkowska