PhD student position
Mammal Research Institute is looking for a PhD student who will be involved in the project: „Phylogeography, genetic diversity and habitats of occuence of moose (Alces alces) in Eurasia in Late Pleistocene and Holocene”
1) MSc in Biology or related subjects
2) Participation in the current recruitment to the PhD Programme BIOPLANET http://szkoladoktorska-bioplanet.pl/ (or a PhD student position in another institution)
3) Interest in scientific work
4) Ability to work in a team
5) Good organization and efficiency in work
6) Fluent in spoken and written English
7) Some experience in laboratory work with ancient materials is welcome
Project Description: The project will investigate the genetic diversity, habitats of occurrence and changes in the range of moose (Alces alces) in Eurasia over the last 50 000 years using various interdisciplinary methods.
Key responsibilities include:
– collection of the materials for the analyses from the zoological collections
– analyses of stable isotopes of carbon and nitrogen in collagen extracted from bones of ungulates in the laboratory of the Department of Plant Ecology and Environmental Conservation at the University of Warsaw
– GIS analyses
– writing of scientific papers and publishing them in international peer-reviewed journals
– preparation of the dissertation thesis
– preparation of new grant applications
– friendly atmosphere in a young, interdisciplinary team in one of the most beautiful regions in Poland
– the opportunity to develop a scientific career
– participation in scientific trainings and expeditions
Type of job: scholarship
Maximum period of stipend agreement: 36 months
Stipend amount/month: 2600 PLN
How to apply
Complete application should include the following items:
• scientific curriculum vitae, including a list of scientific achievements (scholarships, publications, conference presentations, etc.).
• motivation letter
The application should be submitted by email to email@example.com until
12th July 2019.
The results of the competition will be announced until 31st August 2019.
The scholarship will be awarded in accordance with the NSC regulations: „Regulamin przyznawania stypendiów naukowych w projektach badawczych finansowanych ze środków Narodowego Centrum Nauki, określonym przez Radę NCN uchwałą nr 25/2019 z dnia 14 marca 2019 r.”
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the Mammal Research Institute Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office at Stoczek 1, 17-230 Białowieża for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the Mammal Research Institute PAS. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
This statement is in accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016)”.
For more details concerning the position please contact dr habil. Magdalena Niedziałkowska
PhD student position Mammal Research Institute is looking for a PhD student who will be involved in the project: „Phylogeography, genetic diversity and habitats of occuence of moose (Alces alces) in Eurasia in Late Pleistocene and Holocene”
PhD student position